Senior Tax Consultant - Direct Tax - Wimbledon
We are currently seeking a Direct Tax expert to join our internal Tax team, based in Wimbledon. This is an exciting new opportunity to take ownership and develop your expertise in all areas of direct taxation matters.
You will join a highly organised, detail orientated, broad-focussed team, responsible for ensuring Tax compliance and procedures for the UK are met. If you thrive in a fast moving environment, this may be an ideal role for you!
What will you do?
- Analysing and assisting with the optimisation of the Capital Allowance position of relevant companies
- Preparing and filing tax returns, applications and claims (related to direct taxes), as well as other relevant tax-related registrations
- Monitoring the payment of taxes due and tax refunds
- Monitoring compliance with tax payment deadlines
- Assisting tax audits and claiming legal remedies
- Carrying out tax accounting and preparing tax values for the annual accounts (current and deferred taxes, if applicable)
- Assisting in defining tax processes and key user functions for tax-related systems
- Preparing and keeping up to date a transfer pricing documentation
- Monitoring the WHT position of relevant companies
- Supporting the preparation of the tax reporting in accordance with internal guidelines
- Analysing tax aspects of operational transactions and processes and acting as internal advisor
- Creating internal guidelines
- Carrying out system tests with regards to tax requirements as a taxation expert as part of projects and system releases
What will you need?
- Qualified Tax Accountant or equivalent
- Substantial Tax experience gained within practice or industry (Post qualification)
- In-depth knowledge and experience of direct tax(es) in the UK
- Experience in the Retail sector or other B2C businesses would be beneficial
- Excellent command of the English Language
- Knowledge of the German language would be beneficial
- Highly computer literate (incl. MS Office)
- Self-motivated with exemplary organisational skills, able to multi -task and manage their own work
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work to deadlines
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary up to £65,000 (subject to experience)
- An additional 10% of your annual salary as a non-contractual London Weighting benefit
- 35 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from experienced team members
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects