Pricing SAS Analyst
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Pricing SAS Analyst on a permanent, full-time basis. As a Pricing SAS Analyst, you will support your manager in providing a consistent, timely and comprehensive analytical service to the company, focusing on developing the SAS capabilities and systems within the Pricing and Underwriting department.
The focus is within the Personal Lines areas in either supporting the general business pricing requirements or longer term pricing projects.
What you'll be doing as a Pricing SAS Analyst
- Provide SAS programming support to the wider pricing and underwriting department on projects as prioritised by your manager, ensuring strong communication occurs with wider stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
- Work with the other areas, as required, to develop leading-edge pricing systems and tools for all products.
- Develop strong working relationships with other key areas and stakeholders across the company, which includes other SAS functions and the SAS Infrastructure team.
- Ensure common practices and processes are employed and developed in the Pricing Systems team.
- Strive continuously to improve the SAS technical architecture, maintain strong and fit for purpose coding standards and documentation.
- Ensure compliance with core Direct Line Group Policies, statutory and regulatory requirements, governance controls (including all relevant risk minimum standards) and timely completion of risk and audit actions. Ensure reputational risk is minimised.
- Develop your own skills and knowledge such that you have the expertise required to achieve current and future business requirements, including through secondments and rotations
- Reinforce the culture and core values of Direct Line Group through appropriate behaviours and actions.
Skills and Qualities you'll need
- Relevant work experience within a similar analytical or SAS programming environment in a financial services industry.
- Evidence of demonstrating personal effectiveness in prior roles
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in mathematics or a related degree, or with equivalent skills suitable for the role
- Very strong knowledge of base SAS and macros, ideally with SAS Base and Advanced Certifications
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday