Manufacturing Assembly Engineer - Automotive
Job Title: MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
We are currently seeking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer. This is a superb career opportunity for highly experienced engineering professionals, to join one of the world's largest automotive suppliers.
The increasing global demand of their very high quality safety critical electronic components and successful introduction of additional state of the art products has ensured rapid and substantial future growth at their North East facility.
Purpose of Role:
Selection, design and implementation of assembly processes covering standard machines and bespoke equipment built in the UK and internationally.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ownership/Continuous improvement of existing machines / processes.
- Selection of new assembly process/techniques.
- Specification/Development of new equipment/tooling .
- Machine/process introduction including: -
- Supplier selection
- Concept Design
- Cycle time achievement and reduction.
- Technical files and operating instructions
- Support for production and Maintenance teams.
Experience of product assembly methods including:-
Torque controlled screw driving
Servo press up to 20KN
Education and Experience Required:
-Minimum of HNC/HND Standard or equivalent
Good communication skills
Time Management and planning skills