Financial Accounts Assistant - Treasury
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT - TREASURY - 6 MONTH CONTRACT - BIRMINGHAM CITY CENTRE.
Your new company
A large and complex railway organisations aims to link eight of our major cities and serve millions of people. Travelling for work or pleasure will become much easier - crucially between the cities of the Midlands and the North.
It's already beginning to boost economic development in the Midlands and the North, and to ease pressure on London by creating opportunities elsewhere. They will create around 25,000 jobs and fuel economic benefits worth over £103 billion to the UK.
Your new role
Deliver an effective and efficient cashflow and treasury function to ensure HS2 requests the necessary funds required to run its business. Included is setting up procedures and processes for the daily cashflow forecasting ensuring daily accuracy of at least 95%. In addition there are numerous reporting to be developed for both internal stakeholders and DfT. HS2 is also to provide DfT with updated forecasts within the month and a 2 week notification if the daily forecast accuracy is going to be breached.
- Set up all the necessary reporting for daily cashflow forecasts, variances and notification of changes to cashflow requirements
- Set up procedures and processes to hand over to an existing finance team to ensure cash management is straightforward and can be done accurately
- Submit to DfT bi-monthly trance requests with all backup to DfT
- Submit to DfT variance analysis, revised forecasts, monthly cashflow forecasts and other cash management reporting
- Work closely with the AP team to assist them in generating payment runs that match the daily forecast figure for the relevant day
- Work with other finance teams to educate the correct cash flow processes and to help solve problems where cash flow forecasting is difficult
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience working with cash flows/treasury
- Confident analytical ability
- Ability to built rapport quickly and willingness to work in a team
- Forecasting abilities - experience in a similar role is desirable.
What you'll get in return
You will be apart of one of the largest railway projects in the UK.
Experience working in a very highly respected corporate organisation.
Receiving a generous hourly rate.
Quick access to the city centre,
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.