The European Head Quarters of a growing distribution company has an opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join their small finance team. Working closely with your colleagues you will be responsible for
- Controlling the supplier invoice process from receipt through to payment
- Assist with sales invoice process, reconciling customer accounts and contacting customers for overdue items
- Preparation of EC sales and intrastat submissions each month
- Preparation of first draft VAT return submission each quarter
- Monthly review of UK trial balance and reconciliation of control accounts
- Analysis of UK distribution costs
- Assist with preparation of monthly accounts
- Assist with external statutory audit
Ideally you will be a qualified or part qualified accountant, who has previous commercial experience of dealing with VAT submissions and associated regulatory returns (EC sales and intrastat) preferably gained within a distribution company. Knowledge of excel spreadsheets is essential.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.