A highly motivated Junior Windows Administrator required for an amazing career opportunity in Banking IT industry based in the City of London.
Your responsibilities will be:
To provide basic Windows Server and administration support for daily operations, (including installing, supporting, maintaining servers, and other computer systems), making sure that systems are running smoothly to ensure business efficiency. Tasks also include:
- Effectively perform general and routine requests such as patch application and testing while communicating with team members, software vendors and other technical staff to meet requirements and timelines
- Follow procedures and guidelines to install, patch, configure, customize, troubleshoot, upgrade, integrate, and maintain systems
- Review and monitor systems for errors to ensure system stability
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Working or internship experience with system administration support for software
- Experience with VMWare and Solaris or Windows operating systems
- Basic understanding of Active Directory, TCP/IP networking, and DNS
- Knowledge of securing servers to meet industry and government standards (FISMA, NIST)
- Knowledge of System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2, SolarWinds for server
- Demonstrated skills to automate processes via scripting (PowerShell, VBScript, etc.) would be a plus
- Knowledge of Control-M (scheduling), NetBackup, Xyman (system monitoring) and WSUS system management software would be a plus
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Able to prioritise tasks effectively and adapt to changing priorities
- A team player: able to contribute to a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills at both a technical and a non-technical level
- Fluent in English
Talentwerk was established initially to provide a platform for the next generation of digital professionals to get a start on the career ladder. We took IT graduates and apprentices and gave them a chance, gave them training and a support structure designed to help them grow.
Now a multi-national IT Consulting partner to many International Fortune 500 companies Talentwerk, the UK arm of the Digital Workforce Group, helps companies transform their IT landscape through adopting new ways of working and thinking in regard to: DevOps, Cloud, BIG DATA & Analytics, and IT Infrastructure.
By focussing on developing technology new digital workforce professionals we can promise our staff:
- an opportunity to be based onsite with our client from day 1 for a long-term project
- individual career and training plan, certificates required related to your role
- an international office network, regular events and excursions
- traveling abroad (Frankfurt, New York, etc.)
To apply for the System Administrator position you must to be eligible to work in the UK. If so, we look forward to hearing from you!