An opportunity has become available in a fast-growing start-up charity for a Finance Analyst during an exciting time in the organisation's history as they expand their programme offering overseas.
You will be joining a team of 10 high calibre staff, so we are looking for a proactive individual who will work well in a small team, and who is keen to secure a broad role with excellent exposure.
The Finance Analyst is responsible for:
- Processing day-to-day transaction level financial data
- Supporting the FD in ensuring the financial information is accurate and produced on a timely basis
- Maintaining a working relationship with counterparts in the Programmes, Marketing & Communications and Fundraising teams
- Supporting the FD in providing financial support to partners in Africa, and
- Helping the FD to develop solid and efficient accounting processes, complying with charity and company legislation in the relevant jurisdictions as well as wider sector guidelines
Who we are looking for:
- A part-qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) or part-qualified by experience
- IT literate with strong Excel skills
- Experience of posting transactions and writing and using reports from finance systems
- Management accounting experience, including providing financial information to non-finance staff
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized and self-motivated. Able to plan and manage own work load
- Flexible and able to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills.
Good interpersonal skills
- Experience of finance system implementation or process change
- Experience of using Oracle
- Understanding and experience of accounting reconciliations and best practice
- Charity or third sector experience
- Experience of financial accounting and providing information to external auditors
The role is based in Hammersmith, and is available on either a full-time or part-time basis. The organisation also offers flexible working.
If you are interested, please apply asap with an updated CV.