£24,360 OTE and dependant on experience (Base salary £16,810 - £20,760 dependant on experience and OTE of £3,600)
£23,160 OTE and dependant on experience (Base salary £16,810 - £20,760 dependant on experience and OTE of £2,400)
Both roles have additional benefits including 50% off car, home and pet insurance, 22 days holiday a year (plus 8 bank holidays or time off in lieu) and free travel & breakdown insurance.
What being a sales or retention consultant involves
Be the voice of a wide range of market leading insurance brands, including Direct Line and Churchill. Speak to a huge array of customers. And tailor your approach to each. Whatever your background, this is a customer-focused sales role with real variety.
The joy of working with so many different brands is that they appeal to a huge variety of different people. Your challenge is to do the same. As part of our sales or retention teams you’ll be selling our products, whether that’s car, home, travel or pet insurance, is your ultimate aim, but you’ll also help customers by amending, transferring and renewing policies. When a call comes through, it could be anyone from any walk of life, and you’ll have to adapt your approach accordingly. You’ll follow scripts in certain areas, but how you walk your customers through the process, get to know them, highlight the benefits and match our products to their needs is largely up to you.
Skills and qualities you’ll need
We want people to draw on their life experience, personality and individual talents. If you have sales experience, so much the better. Whilst we offer training, broadly speaking, we look for:
• The ability to communicate persuasively
• Sharp thinking and an eye for detail
• Helpfulness and a passion for customer service
• Drive and enthusiasm for meeting targets
• PC literacy
In return, we’ll give you a great team atmosphere, extensive training, excellent benefits and plenty of opportunities for progression in our call centres.
37.5 hour working week (working hours discussed at interview)
Shifts between Monday - Friday 08:00 - 21:15, Saturday 09:00 - 17:00 and Sunday 10:00 - 17:00.
Career benefits and rewards
Your work/life balance is really important to us. That’s why every single one of our people has the right to request work flexibly. We welcome applications for flexible working including, part time, reduced hours, variable hours, home working and job sharing. What’s more, we let you choose the rewards that suit your lifestyle.
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.