3rd Line Support - Cloud Engineer
We are looking for an experienced 3rd Line Cloud Engineer with experience of the latest cloud based technologies such as Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure and Citrix Cloud.
You will have a passion for delivering great service and a real inner drive for getting things done, and as well as having broad technical skill in summary, someone that wants to have fun at work whilst doing brilliant things.
All employees enjoy the use of an Apple Mac laptop computer, a 27inch thunderbolt display, a Herman Miller Mirra 2 task chair and a PlayStation 4/VR for team recreational fun.
What you will do...
- Implementation and support of networking: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls and security.
- Implementation hosted and cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements.
- Implementation of disaster recovery solutions.
- IT support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint etc.
- Remote access solution support: Citrix, Terminal Services
- Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard and periodic system review.
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes and agreed outages.
- Microsoft Identity technologies - good understanding of Microsoft Identity solutions including Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
- Microsoft Desktop and Server technologies - good understanding of Windows 10, Windows Server, Remote Desktop Services. SQL Server and Microsoft Exchange would be an advantage.
- Citrix - good understanding of XenApp and XenDesktop.
- Networking - good understanding of networking principles including LAN, WAN and Firewalls.
Technical Experience you will be trained towards
- Microsoft Cloud technologies - solid understanding of Microsoft Azure, Office 365, EMS, Power BI.
- Microsoft Desktop operating systems and applications - solid understanding of Microsoft desktop operating systems and productivity applications including Windows 10 and Microsoft Office.
- Security - solid understanding of security best practice principles.
- Microsoft licencing - good working knowledge of Microsoft licensing.
- Azure Automation - Good knowledge of Azure CLI or Azure PowerShell cmdlets, specifically DSC and ARM templating.
- Linux - Familiar with Linux distros such as Ubuntu, Centos and Redhat.
- Scripting - Good understanding of PowerShell, experience with Bash scripting desirable.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA or MCSE
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959919523