2nd/3rd Line Specialist to progress to Infrastructure Engineer
2nd/3rd Line Specialist to progress to Infrastructure and Projects Engineer.
My Global Law firm client are looking for a 2nd/3rd line analyst who wants to progress into a more advanced Systems Engineer role taking ownership for wider infrastructure and projects.
The ideal candidate for the Systems Engineer - Infrastructure, 3rd Line role will be for a 2nd and 3rd Line analyst who wants pure infrastructure in a Global environment and get exposure to all aspects of Networking, Storage and Messaging. Also, all projects that need to be delivered from London will be handled by this person.
Essentially this Systems Engineer - Infrastructure, 3rd Liner will handle everything above 1st/2nd Line Support, will handle P1 & P2 Incidents and will have a lot of ownership, including travelling to the data centre to carry out upgrades such as EMW Storage, Newer Blades, Upgrade of whole phone system from Shays to Cisco.
The company have a state of the art Infrastructure and are continuously investing.
Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer - Infrastructure, 2nd/3rd Line
- Provide onsite support for LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Provide on- site support for all systems, including but not limited to SQL Server, Windows Server, Exchange, VMware ESX host and Communication links.
- Evaluate and recommend all tools necessary to support Milbank's LAN/WAN environment. This includes, but is not limited to, tools for network administration, monitoring, software distribution and security
- Assist in other areas as needed including but not limited to user administration, Citrix, Cisco deployments, wireless deployments and replacement of Servers on an ongoing basis.
- Recommend, implement and enforce network security procedures.
- Draft and maintain LAN/WAN documentation and processes
- Perform routine audits of systems and software
- Must have excellent project management and time management skills and must be detail oriented.
- Installing software upgrades and security patches, and monitoring for intrusion signs (ability to work out of hours to complete monthly patching).
- To provide 3rd line support, as required.
Position Requirements for the Systems Engineer - Infrastructure, 3rd Line
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years' relevant experience required working within an Infrastructure environment, preferably in a law firm.
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- A strong client service focus
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to work flexibly and to perform under pressure.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910577