Process Engineer - Lab-on-chip
A superb career opportunity for an experienced thin film Process Engineer has been created at an exciting new microfluidics 'lab-on-chip' life science technology company, based in Oxfordshire. The Process Engineer will be a key figure in the R&D Team. They will use their background in thin-film process technologies and techniques (semiconductors , Lab-on-chip etc) to enhance & optimise the performance and functionality of the company's highly advanced devices. This is the chance to join a fast growing life sciences company offering exceptional personal and career development opportunities.
This exciting new microfluidics 'lab-on chip' technology spin-out is set to revolutionise the life science, healthcare and biotech sectors. Their novel microfluidics platform can automate tests currently conducted in traditional test tube methods offering unprecedented control, accuracy and flexibility. The technology has massive potential and as such has significant financial backing from its parent company to bring the technology to market.
The Process Engineer will provide their expertise to identify and address process & manufacturing needs. They will propose new process technologies and techniques and design and conduct proof-of-concept experiments, fabricating and validating prototype lab-on chip samples. The Process Engineer will also support technology transfer activities to both pilot line and through to mass production. The Process Engineer will be a key member of the team and will guide the company by identifying new equipment and facilities necessary to support the company's thin film process development activities. This is a technically challenging position. The Process Engineer will be strong experimentally with an ability to solve complex technical problems. They will also be an excellent communicator able to liaise across multidisciplinary functions at all levels.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a well-funded technology spin-out set to revolutionise the life science, healthcare and biotechnology sectors. The company have ambitious growth plans and are looking for game changers to join their team and grow with them. As the company develops the career opportunities will be excellent plus they offer a highly attractive financial package including bonus and many benefits.
Requirements - Process Engineer - Thin Films
- A good first degree (BSc, BEng/MEng, MPhys, MChem etc) in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or Engineering from a leading university.
- Masters degree, PhD or at least 2 years industry experience in a related field.
- Experience in the development of new process technologies and the transfer of these from R&D to production, ideally for semiconductor, displays or other electronic products Desirable :
- Experience and/or in depth knowledge of microfluidic devices
- Experience in the development or application of any of the following:
- Hydrophobic coatings
- High quality insulator layers
- Thin-film electronics on glass
- Experience working in a small company, ideally in the life science, bio-tech or medical device sectors
- Familiarity with the PRINCE2 project management framework
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems, preferably ISO13485
- To find out more about this role please contact Alex Hannigan-Train / 01234 436136
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78973012