Location: Leeds, LS2 8NG
Salary: £26,000 per annum
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm or 8am to 4pm
1 year Fixed Term Contract
About the company:
Step Change provides a range of practical and effective services to help their clients get their finances back in shape and their lives back on track. This is what makes them the UK`s leading provider of life-changing debt solutions. They are looking for someone to take responsibility for ensuring that any new developments, whether application or infrastructure, meet the specified requirements of the charity and contain minimum defects.
Duties of the Testing Analyst:
- Preparing and executing formal/structured test plans and test cases.
- Preparation of test plans and test scripts to test each software component and demonstrate the business condition under test and the expected results.
- Manage the prioritisation and reporting of defects in line with charity processes and procedures.
- Work closely with the System Analysts to ensure that the specifications are tested and acceptable for development.
- Work closely with the Developers, ensuring all defects are formally raised, understood and corrected.
- Ensure all test data is sanitised and conforms to the Data Protection Act.
- Ensure all documentation related to the testing phase is stored in an organised manner and available as required for reference.
- Accountable for the readiness of assigned developments for release.
- Ensure high quality and accuracy is maintained through to software release.
- Provide feedback to the Test Manager and ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and the quality requirements.
- Report test activities on a periodic and ad-hoc basis.
- Provide data to enable tracking of progress against plan
- Provide material for written status reports
Requirements of the Testing Analyst:
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes
- Experience of planning test activities
- Vast experience in a Test Analyst position
- Experience of testing Windows Software Applications / Database applications produced using VB, .NET, C#, Access, SQL Server
- Track record in working through all stages of the testing life cycle within Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to negotiate and influence at all levels
- ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing Certificate (Desirable)
- ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst Certificate (Desirable)
- Experience of testing mobile websites and applications (Desirable)
- SQL Transaction Queries (Desirable)
- V-Model Exposure (Desirable)
Testing Analyst Benefits:
- Generous holiday entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Assisted study
- Contributory group personal pension plan
- Health cash plan
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Testing Analyst role is right for you then please apply today!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959906267