Teradata L3 DBA
Teradata L3 DBA
Radbroke, Barclays Technology Campus. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
- Holds accountability for Dataware service projects and production support to Personal and Corporate Banking, Investment Bank, Barclaycard and Africa
- Take ownership and leadership of technical resolution for high severity production incidents within Teradata (sev 3 high, sev 2 and sev 1)
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Define operational procedures and documentation
- Lead and define Teradata database delivery requirements for service improvement unit initiatives
- Design and lead internal projects and deliveries aligned with the Dataware roadmap
- Support the product owner in developing the Dataware roadmap
- Expert in multiple versions of Teradata tools and utilities plus knowledge of other products in the marketplace
- Demonstrable experience of database tuning and capacity management on enterprise data warehouses
- Expert knowledge of database administration
- Expert in working with vendor technical staff
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework, vocabulary and best practices
- Experience of technical service delivery within a high-pressure financial services environment
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment and the associated processes and tools of applications from both a technical and business perspective
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.
Barclays Values & Diversity:
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959905572