Database Manager (Customer Insights)
The role sits within the Customer Insight team and is focused on the management and maintenance of customer data flows into and out of the Single Customer View (SCV). You will be responsible for all touch-points of identifiable (PII) data ensuring processes are fully compliant, and you will liaise with internal (Technology, Marketing/CRM, Legal/Compliance)and external (3rd party suppliers) teams to identify and resolve data issues in a timely manner.
My Client delivers quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day, across its digital and print properties as well as through leading digital partners.
Key job responsibilities:
- Ensure consumer database integrity, maintain and monitor existing customer data feeds from within the business into the SCV.
- Set up data processes for ingesting PII data (e.g. API, batch SFTP) as new platforms and partners are onboarded.
- Ensure data gaps are minimised, accuracy is maintained and consumer matching rules are optimised to enable efficient permission management and accurate insight and profiling to be undertaken on the audiences.
- Improve existing or create new processes for data flows
- Provide database marketing expertise and support to the wider Insight & Analytics & CRM teams.
- Responsible for defining and delivering a data compliance roadmap in line with developments in GDPR and eprivacy regulation. Proactively manage reputational and commercial risk to the business.
- A key point of contact between other data teams in the business; data platform, technology, commerce, subscriptions, editorial, performance marketing (CRM), data science/audience intelligence.
Specific requirements and skills:
SQL or equivalent experience; working knowledge of Google Big Query beneficial but not essential.
Commercial experience of carrying out data analysis and/or data management within agency or commercial environment. Understanding of complex data structures and uploading / manipulating data for campaigns.
Strong database management experience and working knowledge of relational databases.
Good understanding and experience of the data marketing and data analytics space.
Knowledge of FastStats or similar campaign management tools beneficial but not essential.
Knowledge of Adobe Campaign or similar CRM tools beneficial but not essential.
Creative flair, with the ability to research and think of new ideas and how they might be technically implemented.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to liaise with different technical teams that support a variety of systems feeding into the SCV.
Proactive, self-confident, highly motivated team player.
Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills and an ability to work with competing priorities and within a fast-paced environment.
Self-motivated individual, with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong desire to succeed.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959901332