The Bridge IT are currently recruiting on behalf of our clients Bristol office, for a Software Developer (java). Our client approach software delivery with an Agile mind-set, focused on delivering small, value driven enhancements often. They achieve that with our scrum teams that include developers, testers, BAs and Solution Designers to create brand new experiences, small changes to existing products as well as investing in maintaining our existing products to improve code quality against our core development principles.
You'll be joining at a really exciting time and will be part of our IT team that sits at the forefront of delivering our Digital Strategy.
You will be someone that has excellent verbal and written communication skills, who is comfortable working with customers, to understand how they use core API services.
You'll be self-motivated and keen to develop your career and do great work ! And also be a strong team-player who is able and willing to roll-up their sleeves to support/nurture others when required. They achieve that with their scrum teams that include UX Designers, Developers, Testers, BAs and Solution Designers:
- To create brand new experiences.
- Small changes to existing products.
- Investing in maintaining existing products to improve code quality against core development principles.
Within the Scrum Team you will:
- Negotiate, influence, effectively challenge and gain commitment.
- Help shape product backlogs, new projects and initiatives, assessing the impact of initiatives, programmes or projects on systems/applications.
- Be able to identify and create epics, write user stories, t-shirt sizing and pointing.
You'll sustain their culture of continuous improvement both from a process and technical perspective, ensuring that:
- Building 'Production Ready' software when it leaves Development.
- If you change code, you only ever make it better: Ratchet.
- SOLID/KISS principles are followed.
- You keep re-use at the forefront of your mind
- Only design and build software that is 'cloud ready'.
- Frequently delivering 'high-value' features to customers.
- Technical expertise in Java Development and associated frameworks (Junit, Cucumber, Jenkins, Spring, Maven).
- Hands on experience of developing with RedHat FUSE, Apache ServiceMix or Apache Camel.
- Hands on experience of designing, building and supporting RESTful API's.
- Knowledge of and interest in industry direction and trends within RESTful API development.
- Experience of server side Java development and associated concerns (eg. thread Management, database access, ORM and security)
- Working knowledge of Agile Software Architectures, GoF OO Software Design Patterns, Test and Behaviour Driven Development.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959898409