Technology Controls Lead
We are looking for a Technology controls lead to work for us in Knutsford; this role is within the Technology CCO for Advisory and Oversight function. The primary focus of the role will be to support the Risk and Controls team in providing business-unit aligned regional coverage of the quantification and delivery of a highly visible, business focused and pragmatic Technology Risk agenda to ensure compliance with Barclays technology policies, standards, frameworks and procedures consistently across Barclays International transaction cycles and this will require the successful candidate to establish successful engagement with key stakeholders within the Technology, and within relevant Business Units, as well as stakeholders external to Technology such as Internal Audit, External Audit, Compliance, Regulators or Barclays Group.
- Oversight and advise on technology risk identification, risk assessment, risk mitigation and response and risk reporting across the relevant transaction cycles within Barclays International to operate within risk appetite and in compliance with Barclays Control Framework
- Undertaking risk and control assessments and managing presentation of risk assessments to Exco level
- Coordinating Barclays Internal Audit (BIA) relationship with Technology, resulting in a strong partnership with BIA, targeted/accurate and effective observations, and proactive/timely closure of agreed on actions
- Understanding of the regional regulatory environment and its impact on technology leading to proactive assessment of regulatory exposure and supporting management in escalating concerns.
- Identify, report and manage Operational risk events and resulting issues / actions for management visibility and awareness
- Provide subject matter expertise for senior management on all aspects of technology risk.
- Support and assist in the development of tools, processes and programs
- Translate IT issues to business risk and effectively communicate these risk to business stakeholders
- Ensure that Barclays Control Framework is operating effectively
- Experience in working with senior stakeholders at BU, Group, internal or external partners
- Ability to engage and influence key stakeholders
- Results oriented and assertive
- Influence leadership to embed and drive a strong risk and control governance culture and understand all risk management objectives and requirements.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work in a matrix environment.
Personal attributes essential to performing role including competencies, expertise, knowledge, and experience. Note: experience requirements must not be in the form of years (minimum or otherwise).
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Degree educated or equivalent industry experience
- Significant experience in Technology Risk and Control or relevant related experience
- Significant experience one or more of the following:
-Performing Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSA) or Technology Control Self Assessment (TCSA) or Audit or Assurance work
-Enterprise Risk Management practices, internal control, fraud deterrence frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and conceptually with a sound technical background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- High level of experience in playing a lead role in:
-Coordinating IT during internal/ external audit and regulatory reviews
-Review of Audit reports, including alignment of findings with operational risk
-Advising IT on pragmatic approaches to risk reduction
-Delivering of risk reduction and operational improvement projects
- Advanced degree
- Project Management fundamentals, CISA, CISSP, PMP, CRISK or equivalent
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question 'What is Barclays for?' and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959896524