Risk Analyst: Energy Trading Environment: Global Trading & Shipping
Risk Analyst: Energy Trading Environment: Global Trading & Shipping Company
This Global Trading & Shipping Company has an exciting opportunity due to expansion for a Risk Analyst. The company have grown rapidly in recent years and have over 60 vessels.
The Solid Fuels and UK Power Risk team is located in the Risk department in Swindon.
Risk have a key role in supporting and controlling their trading activities. This includes providing the Board with unbiased, comprehensive, accurate and timely market risk and performance information. We also use our knowledge and expertise to provide advice to senior management, traders, finance and other stakeholders to ensure our business remains compliant, successful and profitable.
You will work closely with commercial functions and gain an appreciation of the entire business.
You will be responsible for the appropriate valuation, analysis and provision of daily risk and performance information for the trading desks and senior management. The trading desks have a wide range of complex and interesting business activities that require a strong risk team to partner and control them.
You will be a key part of this and as such you will need to be keen to learn about their commercial activities and be able to provide support to the business using your expertise and knowledge, both technically and commercially. You will also contribute to Risk-wide projects, and to ongoing activities designed to enhance the efficiency of the team.
- Providing detailed analysis of risk measures, positions, P&L and trading strategies for senior management, finance and traders.
- Valuation and risk assessment of new products.
- Working on various projects and initiatives across the business.
- Preparing position, risk and P&L reports for the desks? trading books on a daily and monthly basis.
- Ad hoc risk measurement and checking that the traders are operating within agreed guidelines.
- Working with the traders to identify, quantify and communicate the market risks they carry.
- Pro-actively improving your own skills and improving us as a team in line with business requirements.
- Working with risk teams in other locations to deliver timely reports and analysis.
- Able to demonstrate consistent delivery of targets and ability to manage workload in a pressurised environment.
- Able to demonstrate how you use good structure and quantitative or qualitative analytical approaches in tackling complex issues and tasks, with strong evidence of good attention to detail.
- Confident using Excel
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Working experience in the energy business / energy trading environment.
- Experience of risk management, e.g. application of given limit measurement concepts and usage of complex models.
- Understanding of commodity trading and the trading lifecycle.
- Experience of modelling, option theory, Monte-Carlo simulation techniques, Greeks, pricing models, stress testing, VaR concepts.
You will be invited to relevant training courses and provided with a wealth of on-the-job training to ensure you develop as a risk analyst and build the necessary skills to further your career.
The office is located in Swindon with good access to the M4 and local amenities. This location allows for their employees to live in a wide range of locations, from Swindon and its surrounding villages to Bristol, Bath, Reading and Oxford. There is an onsite gym, with free classes daily, and various lunchtime sports clubs.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959897220