Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer
We are actively looking to secure a Software Test Engineer to join Experis and work on the Technical Product Testing team of one of our clients.
We require an experienced Software Test Engineer to work onsite with one of our clients who are a leading broadcasting media organisation offering both TV & Telecommunication services to over 10 million homes.
Our client entertains, excites and inspires their customers with a great choice of high-quality content. They strive to be the best for their customers and their people, and to make a positive contribution to life in the UK, Ireland and Europe.
Overview of TPT (Technical Product Testing) Function
Technical Product Testing (TPT) consists of various test functions and has the following main
- Final User Acceptance Testing
- Final user acceptance testing (black box) for any EPG Software Candidates these can either be Product Release (PR) or Service Release (SR). Additionally TPT are responsible for carrying out hardware and software testing and providing final user acceptance for any new STB platforms being developed before being released into the field.
The Software Test Engineer will be assigned as required to one of the following areas.
- Functional software testing - carrying out exhaustive testing on reference STB platform to ensure any new functionality or STB platform behaves as described in the requirements specification.
- Regression testing - carrying out a subset of the functional test cases on all the other STB platforms ensuring they behave as described in the requirements specification.
- Review test documentation (scripts/ software details) to ensure test instructions are clear prior to commencing testing.
- Manually run test cases within Quality Center against EPG and interactive applications.
- Review defects found with the Test Team Leader and/or Project Test Lead prior to raising them in Quality Center thus avoiding duplication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of wider platform defects/ issues (software/ hardware) which may impact on the testing of the software.
- Liaise with Test Team Leader and/ or Project Test Lead to raise any queries/ problems during test.
- Attend test planning meetings, as required to minimise problems experienced during testing.
- Run automated testing where appropriate
- Ensure any faulty equipment in the test environment is reported to the Test Team Leader.
- Conduct training with new team members, as required.
- Champion initiatives which will reduce test cycle time and increase effectiveness of the testing process.
- Participate in ongoing projects and initiatives ensuring that the team processes and procedures are in line with the wider Customer & Interactive Technology department objectives.
- Experience/knowledge of H/W and S/W development testing, integration, functional, system tests and user acceptance testing.
- ISEB foundation
- Ideally a M.Sc. or B.Sc. (or equivalent) in an engineering or technical discipline
- Familiar with bug tracking applications such as Quality Center or Jira would be beneficial.
- Basic skills in SQL and UNIX.
- Experienced user in Microsoft Office applications in particularly Excel and Access.
- Knowledge of broadcast technologies (MPEG encoding/Service Information/Play-out infrastructure) would be an advantage
- Minimum 1 years' experience in Software testing environment executing and writing test cases.
- Programming experience in either VBscript or VB.net would be advantageous.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness of the UK TV marketplace, the goals and challenges facing the client as a business.
- Works well in a team environment with a proven ability to prioritise work and work on multiple projects.
- Works well under the pressure of tight, immovable deadlines.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959892142