System Engineer / Administrator - Reading - Circa £40k
System Engineer / Administrator
Salary £30,000 - £40,000 + Benefits based on experience
Berkshire; Reading area
An enthusiastic System Engineer is required to join an established Development team for a global business. The role offers exposure to a variety of projects and products with the current focus being a cloud-based real-time tracking application.
Junior System Engineers / System QA Engineers will be considered with training and mentoring provided. However junior candidates must have some commercial experience of Web based testing and Agile / Waterfall methodologies.
- Working within the development team to help Install, configure, test and maintain various operating systems and system management tools.
- Create and run Integration and System tests for various software products including execution of manual and automation testing with Selenium.
- Interact with end users / customers and be able to translate their requirements into technical specifications.
- Interact with senior stakeholders to help gather business requirements
- A genuine interest in Systems Engineering / System Testing
- Understanding of Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Software testing experience
- Jira, Bamboo experience
- Excellent communication skills, able to interact with all levels of the business
- Degree educated, ideally Computer Science, System Engineering or similar
- Commercial experience of automation testing with Selenium
- Commercial experience with SQL, Oracle, VMWare
- Exposure to Cloud environments such as AWS or Azure
The company offer scope for progression and training and an excellent benefits package. Please apply to this advert if you are interested in discussing the full details.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959889609