Senior Network Architect - Cisco
Senior Network Architect
Cisco / Network / Architect / Technical Design Authority / CCIE / LAN / WAN / Switches / Routers / TDA
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Network Architect to join an enviable luxury brand based in Leeds. The Senior Network Architect will ensure that designs and solutions are sound and aligned to the business strategies as they relate to the overall network architecture and associated technologies (c.600 locations). This includes (but is not limited to) the IP design, switching, routing protocols, load-balancing, Wireless, WAN/LAN/WLAN/IPT infrastructure and network security technologies (firewalls).
- This role requires working closely with the business functions to understand requirements and facing into the incumbent managed network service provider to translate the business requirements into a solution design.
- The role will require some hands on and analytical skills to profile application and network behaviour, therefore good knowledge of packet capture tooling and an understanding of debugging would be an advantage.
- The Senior Network Architect will be responsible for the development of comprehensive architecture materials capable of conveying fully deployable systems, articulating their benefit and ensuring appropriate strategies and plans are in place to develop and evolve the network to support business projects and overall business objectives. The Architect will be expected to stay apprised of industry standards, best practices and trends, to provide leadership and technical oversight to projects to ensure that they meet design specifications and project schedules, and to manage technical and operational trouble shooting and escalations as needed.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Design, development, configuration and implementation of enterprise networks with diverse solutions from multiple vendors
- Expert knowledge at a detailed level of network technologies and their application across WAN, LAN, Wireless, Voice, Network Security
- MPLS design, IP environments, firewalls, switching, routing, design redundancy, Cisco technologies, Load balancers, network firewalls
- Expert understanding of network architecture design techniques, theories, principles and their application
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to effectively present to an audience and convey required concepts
- Formulate, organise and monitor inter-connected projects
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives
- Coordinate cross-project activities
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959888710