Head of Programmatic
In 2015, Periscopix were thrilled to join the Merkle organisation as part of their drive to become a worldwide leader in tailored data-driven digital marketing. Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katharine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Under the direction of the VP of Media and Planning, this role will provide strategic leadership and decision making across programmatic and display offerings, with a focus on delivering first-class and innovative client solutions. Acting as an aspirational figurehead this leader will be responsible for the development of our programmatic display and video offering, providing leadership internally and to the market. They will work alongside the Head of Paid Search and Head of Paid Social on developing our agency’s cross-channel strategy as well as the Head of Media Operations on department planning and new growth opportunities.
Leading a department of over 40 programmatic display specialists, you will be responsible for ensuring output is of the highest quality, and our agency offering is market-differentiating. This position will be responsible for the strategic growth of the programmatic teams’ development plans as well as playing an important role new business and key client relationships.
Life as Head of Programmatic at Merkle
- Acting as a thought a thought leader, developing programmatic strategy and innovative solutions to position Merkle|Periscopix as industry leaders.
- Identifying opportunities for expanding our platform expertise, by understanding the needs of Merkle|Periscopix clients and the direction of the industry.
- Acting as go-to expert on programmatic industry topics, able to create points of view in line with our business values.
- Working with department heads and VP of Media & Planning to drive the direction of the future of our programmatic display and video capabilities.
- Ensuring we stay market-leading in the programmatic and addressable media space, with development of case studies and thought leadership articles.
- Acting, from time to time, as programmatic platform consultant to our key top-tier clients, including assisting them in making decisions on platform adoption to achieve business goals.
- Contributing to our media buying relationship with key partners, including Google, Amazon, and our top publishers.
- Managing high performing teams, ensuring best practice as well as improving processes and procedures to enhance delivery capabilities.
- Taking an active management role developing the programmatic team’s talent as well as assessing needs and resource planning on an ongoing basis.
- Representing Merkle|Periscopix in new business pitches, contributes to pricing structures and attending sales meetings when needed to actively contribute to product and business strategy.
- Maximising on Merkle and DAN internal knowledge-sharing, aligning goals with the direction of the wider company to capitalise on competitive advantages.
What we are looking for in you
- Established thought-leadership in the programmatic display and video industry.
- A proven track record on building and maintaining tier 1 client relationships including working with c-suite individuals.
- Delivering results across large scale performance campaigns and collaborating cross-department.
- Previous experience in managing and growing teams including but not limited to: overseeing the recruitment of new team members, playing an active role in talent retention and building personal development plans.
- Experience in working directly with programmatic providers including (ideally, but not required) DoubleClick, YouTube, and Amazon.
- Confident in the ability to assist in planning and delivery of pitches to prestigious clients.
- Regular contribution to the media community i.e blogs, case studies, conferences.
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Merkle’s central goal in Europe is to continue expanding – we’re attracting fantastic clients and growing our business offering at a tremendous pace. To achieve this, we’re looking to hire top talent to drive this growth and to ensure that we continue to be an industry-leading company. We value the knowledge and expertise that can be added to our workforce at senior levels – there’s also plenty of opportunity to continue developing your skillset.
As well as excellent growth and development opportunities, we have a fantastic work environment. We’re based by London Bridge / Bermondsey where we have a modern, bright, open-planned office which has an approachable atmosphere. There’s a games room downstairs (next to the auditorium which we use as a cinema some evenings!) where you can find a pool table and ping pong - there’s always someone ready to challenge you to a game. We also have perks such as the Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans.
Merkle | Periscopix are proud to have consistently featured in the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For.