Tax Technology & Innovation - Senior Program Manager, London
The Tax Technology & Innovation team is responsible for delivering against the UK Tax Technology strategy, including the development of new digital products and the transformation of existing processes and services with a particular focus on data and analytics. There are c30 members of the team including developers and subject matter experts in the fields of product, data and client experience.
Having launched our flagship Tax product, a single knowledge and engagement platform for clients and staff alike, we are looking for an experienced program manager to lead all ongoing operational workstreams including the roll out of the platform, ensuring the program is run to a consistently high standard, within budget, that objectives are met on time and that the program meets professional standards and industry regulations.
Program manager job description
- Establish short and long-term program objectives and ensure team members meet them
- Develop regular schedules to support the program's roll out and implementation
- Develop plans to ensure the program's ongoing delivery and success, including developing new revenue generating opportunities
- Create and implement guidelines for evaluating the program's strengths and areas where improvement is required
- Assign tasks to team members to ensure project objectives are completed as required.
- Communicate expectations to team members
- Counsel and discipline team members who do not perform to expectations
- Appraise team members' performances and offer feedback
- Resolve problems with program as they arise
- Monitor program's progress and report this in regular meetings with senior management and stakeholders
Program manager skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills, works as part of a team, attention to detail, superior organisational skills, strategic planning, analysis skills, leadership, financial literacy, multi-tasker, creativity, works well to deadlines and under pressure, program management skills.
Qualification and experience
Big 4 professional services experience is essential and ideally you will have worked both in client facing roles in Tax and have knowledge and experience of enterprise-wide technology processes.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.