Senior Electrical Engineer, Bristol
Senior Electrical Engineer, Bristol, £40,000 - £45,000pa plus benefits:
Are you a senior level Electrical Engineer who would like to work on the design of cutting edge scientific equipment? Perhaps you're also looking for a role that offers potential for a career in management? My client, an internationally recognised specialist manufacturer, has been at the forefront of technological innovation for over 55 years and this is a great opportunity for you to join their business. Here you will design products that offer world leading technology and innovation to prestigious research institutes and industrial companies globally.
My client is pushing the limits of physics to make smaller, faster and more efficient semiconductors; micro-electromechanical systems capable of supporting R&D, and tools and systems that will bring next generation 2D materials into mainstream production. Their products range from compact stand-alone systems for R&D, through batch tools and up to clustered cassette-to-cassette platforms for high-throughput production processing. Their key markets worldwide include Optoelectronics, Sensors, Discrete Devices and Nanotechnology.
Their team of engineers are at the forefront of our achievements and the engineering team is active across the entire lifecycle of products. You will see your design go through from creation to manufacture.
My client is global company with a real commitment to diversity and personal development. You'll have experiences and develop skills that will give you an exciting and fulfilling career. If you are interested in working in a vibrant team environment on exciting projects, and in a position with an excellent benefits package, then this could be the role for you.
Your experience will include:
- Accountability and ownership for project and/or product improvements and innovation
- Direct line management or experience managing non-direct reports to deliver work or a project
- Evidence of commitment to continuous design and product improvements
- Delivery of accurate electrical designs within agreed timescales
- Compliance with company standards and market standards (e.g. EN standards)
- Providing technical information for manuals and other documentation
- Maintaining and promoting the implementation of professional standards
- Cross-functional working to ensure specifications are clear and complete and to translate the technical requirements into structured modular designs
- Liaison with sub-contractors and carrying out site visits
- Ability to train and develop colleagues
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant electrical discipline
- Experience in designing machine control systems
- An innovator, problem solver and the ability to analyse data
- Computer literate, incl MS Office
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD LT 2012 or later
- Strong influencing and project management skills
- Commercially aware, conscious of financial implications of engineering decisions
- High professional standards and a strong, customer focussed approach to electrical
If you're a Senior Electrical Engineer with experience of designing machine control systems and you're looking for a leadership position which will help shape and develop an electrical design team, then this could be the position you're searching for.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).