Database Administrator / Systems Management / DBA - SQL
Job Title: Database Administrator
Salary: Up to £40,000 dependent on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company is a leading Software and Data Services provider working within the finance sector and is growing at an exponential rate. As a result, of this they are looking to increase their internal IT team to support both the internal users and external client virtual and physical infrastructures. The company invests heavily into their IT department and keep up with the latest technologies. There will be plenty of opportunities to progress and develop your skills. There is a friendly atmosphere and good working environment. They will invest in you as a person and you will the opportunity to gain additional certifications.
They are now looking for an Application and Database Administrator in their Guildford office to assist in maintenance and administration of their application environments and databases. Also responsible for the deployment of product upgrades hosted both internally and externally. You will also be required to create and maintain procedural support and deployment documentation. You must also be able to carry out database administration tasks including backup and restore of SQL Server databases as well as write and run basic SQL queries.
- To provide both remote and on-site support to our internal and external customers, resolving business application problems within SLA
- Deployment of new functionality and the upgrade of all product environments, both internally and on remote sites
- Writing SQL queries to assist in the successful resolution of product issues
- Documenting processes in line with ISO 9001, 27001
- Backup and restore SQL Server databases
- Ability to trouble shoot and solve Application issues
- Other DBA tasks and responsibilities
- Experience of supporting a web based software application. SQL Query writing and document writing skills. Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and above, MS Office
- Proactive, Good Analytical skills, Able to work to deadlines, Able to prioritise own work, Excellent communication skills, Flexible, Able to work as part of a team
- JIRA, IIS 7.0
- Experience within a Pensions environment
Please be aware; the company will not be providing sponsorship or relocation packages for this role. Candidates will therefore need to be eligible to both live and work in the UK without need for sponsorship.
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and covering letter
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: DBA, MySQL, MariaDB, Database Administrator, Oracle DBA, Oracle Database Administrator, IT Administration, IT Maintenance, IT Infrastructure, IT Systems, IT Systems Support, Infrastructure Services Engineer, IT Technician, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Systems Support, IT Infrastructure Officer, Oracle 11 / 12, RMAN, RAC, Active Data Guard, SQL Server 2008 / 2012 / 2014, DAGs, Clustered SQL Server will also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959885425