Treasury & Hedge Accounting Controller - VP
- The individual?s key responsibility will be acting as the control point for the Reco Valuation and Timing business area.
- This will involve collating in depth P&L information from regions across the globe, understanding the market drivers, consolidating that information and presenting to senior Directors and Managing Directors each month. This will include Flash, Actuals, and Flash to Actual explains, including various pieces of analysis that come with it.
- In order to be successful in the role, the individual will need to coordinate and partner with onshore and offshore colleagues across multiple business divisions, and be able to develop strong working relationships to ensure the month-end is delivered in a timely fashion, and issues are escalated and resolved accordingly. They will need to work closely with the Hedge Accounting team to provide P&L explains and commentaries and similarly with Local and Group Finance teams.
- They will also have responsibility for certain global disclosures that are required to be produced at Quarter and Year-ends.
- This role will involve risk and P&L analysis as well as the potential to get involved with understanding some of the wider business roles the Hedge Accounting and Debt issuance reporting teams are involved with, including ad-hoc projects that will arise from time to time.
- Highly numerate with valuations experience
- Flexibility to manage competing priorities and ability to take ownership of issues through to resolution
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to be able to face off to senior management
- Understanding of how to value a derivative
- Understanding of the principles behind economic and accounting hedging
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959887743