NOC Engineer - Cambridge - £40k-£45k
My client who are a multi award winning solutions provider require a NOC Engineer to join the fantastic team in Cambridge.
This position will support network services and business development by designing business and technical solutions for enabled service provider network. Additional duties may include setting up peering sessions, working with network partners to optimize performance and cost, tier ticketing support, training of departments in networking and internet operations and reduce overall network expense and increase overall performance and efficiency.
- Monitor, support and grow core network
- Support ISP services such as DNS, SMTP and Radius
- Escalation path for network engineering teams
- Explore and test new devices
- Network security lifecycle
- on-call duties
- change control policies and notifications
- CCNP Service provider or JNCIP Service provider certification is essential
- 3 years experience in a service provider role
- Cisco and Juniper routing, switching and firewall
- Advanced MPLS, BGP and IS-IS functions
- Linux Systems
- Virtualisation technologies
- Bogon filters
- Device hardening
- Monitoring and graphing systems
- Documentation through Visio
For the right candidate the company will offer a great salary and benefit package.
If you have the correct skillset and you are interested then please send across your CV and we can discuss in more detail.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959884538