Senior Java Developer - Glasgow
Empiric Solutions are working with a major investment bank, based in Glasgow. Currently, they are seeking to recruit senior developers, who are specialists in Java development.
There are multiple positions available, within various different teams across the organisation. Various projects focus on big data, cloud and automation. Developers are expected to be aware of modern development techniques including TDD, BDD, concurrency, multi-threading and agile (and have prior working knowledge of these).
Developers will be expected to:
- Deliver projects in a timely manner, and communicate with various individuals within their agile teams
- Creating automated tests, by using TDD
- Participate in SCRUM meetings and present ideas
- Use clean code at all times
- Be proactive, innovative and be willing to contribute ideas to help the project flourish
- Participate in code review, best practice and other types of review sessions
- Be willing to excel themselves, and have the drive to progress through the organisation
- Be willing to learn new things, and always strive to keep up to date with Java related technologies
The essential skills that are required for this role include:
- Strong Core Java experience (5+ years)
- Strong experience in both spring and hibernate frameworks
- Prior experience working within an agile environment
- Have mentored a member of the team, or led a team in the past
- Have been actively hands on in previous roles
- A past track record of successful software delivery
For this role, developers must be based in the UK (and be eligible to work), or be based within the European Union. Due to visa restrictions, candidates from out with these areas cannot be considered.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959887233