UX Lead with global software company - Coventry - £50k - £60k
Broster Buchanan is exclusively representing a global software company based in Coventry, now recruiting for a UX Lead offering a salary of £50k - £60k plus benefits. This role will give you the chance to help build the businesses UX function and work with the relevant users and Scrum teams to take full ownership of all UX across the business.
In this role you'll be involved in all aspects of the design process: from owning the user experience vision, to user research, concept development, prototyping, design stewardship and gathering feedback on delivered capabilities.
You will partner closely with product owners, development, business teams and end users to understand the user's journey and issues with the product, and find elegant and practical solutions to the resulting design challenges. Working collaboratively, you'll solve problems and derive solutions that ensure all users are happy with the product.
As a core member of the Product Management team, you will play a critical role in shaping the user experience of the product. You will:
- Act as a 'Center of Excellence' across all Scrum teams to promote best in class User Experience processes and practices. Facilitate and coach across the teams to harness, encourage, motivate and grow those that are interested in User Experience to maximize outcomes and embed user centered design at the core of everything we do.
- Define and own the User Experience vision in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Define and own the user interface design guides to drive consistency and standardization.
- Establish and drive end user testing and feedback processes as key elements of the development cycle. Ensure everyone understands the real-world user journey with the product, and use this to help inform where the client is going. Interact regularly with key customer and internal stakeholders to understand their needs and issues, and seek their feedback.
- Develop and evolve a User Experience product backlog, designed to address UX issues, delight end users and enhance overall Net Promoter Scores. Break the backlog into stories with clear requirements and conceptual design options.
- Translate concepts into sketches, wireframes, prototypes and mock-ups that lead to intuitive user experiences across a wide range of device types.
- Work collaboratively and consultatively across the Scrum development teams during development of both User Experience and functional stories to ensure the resulting capabilities are intuitive and delight end users.
To be considered for this role you will need to evidence practical experience of:
- 5+ years in User Experience design, with in-depth experience across the entire UX process, including discovery, design thinking, qualitative and quantitative user research, customer journey mapping, service design and blue printing, visual design, prototyping etc.
- Extensive experience in UX design best practices and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Client facing experience - Ability to work with clients and end users to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Working in a Scrum or other Agile software development process.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
If this challenging and autonomous UX Lead role is of interest, then please apply and I will be in touch with further information.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959885346