ESaaS Senior Software Developer
A Global Financial services organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced ESaas Senior Software Developer to join their established but growing technology practice.
This is a Permanent Role based in Northampton
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Elastic Stack and Kafka engineer/ developer to work in collaborative and friendly ESaaS Build and Operations team on exciting deliveries, run in Agile way. Ideal candidates can move up and down the stack on code flow, go sideways to help partners, and drive scenarios.
- Work as developer and Operations for our Bank-wide Elastic Stack clusters
- Drive design of new Features and participate in architecture discussions.
- Provide expertise in Security, automation and devOps engineering
- Provide user training in Kibana development and general Elastic stack expertise.
- Contribute your part in the agile delivery, automated testing and ITIL
- Provide operations support to prevent and help resolving incidents (work hours)
- Obsessed with keeping up to date with the latest in the technical communities
- Be an awesome person to work with
- Elastic Stack and/or Kafka expertise or expertise implementing and operating big data real time analytics tools.
- Java and Python expert - first and foremost, with knowledge of multiple Python frameworks
- Expert or experience with Docker, and Cloud hosting environments (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Extensive experience designing solutions for the server side of highly scalable cloud software applications and platforms
- Expertise in with Linux server environments - Linux sysadmin skills
- Experience with developing highly distributed Cloud systems.
- Experience with to respond to operational issues and user interactions
- A self starter who with experience working across multiple technical teams and decision makers
- Obsessed with keeping up to date with the latest in the technical communities and have a track record of delivering scalable backend solutions and APIs.
- Understanding complex data concepts and effectively employ different database design techniques
- RESTful API development and consumption
- Understanding of Design Patterns, their intent and how to apply them to software design.
- Experience using version control with GIT and developing as part of a team utilising pull request methodology
- Experience setting up monitoring and scaling infrastructure in Cloud
- Experience and understanding the necessity for testing your code at all stages of development. Knowledge of testing methodologies and frameworks.
- Understanding the concepts and approaches to unit, integration and system testing and experience in appropriate frameworks to achieve these
- Confident in releasing code many times a day and an appreciation of the methodologies and approaches that enables this to happen successfully.
- Knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes, concepts and benefits. Understand benefit of fully-automated deployments, immutable artefacts, release toggles.
- Understanding of long term benefits coming from fully automated development and release workflows
- Devoted to writing elegant and functional code
- Knowledge of TDD and BDD practices
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Self awareness and desire to improve your skills
- Verbal and written English fluency
- Experience in implementing rich logging with web applications and ReST APIs to enable troubleshooting and audit tracing.
- Brilliant at building complex applications within micro-services framework
- A quick on-the-uptake problem solver
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959886381