Infrastructure Engineer / 3rd Line IT Engineer
Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer
Location: London or Guildford
Salary: Up to £40,000 dependent on experience
The company is a leading Software and Data Services provider working within the finance sector and is growing at an exponential rate. As a result, of this they are looking to increase their internal IT team to support both the internal users and external client virtual and physical infrastructures. The company invests heavily into their IT department and keep up with the latest technologies. There will be plenty of opportunities to progress and develop your skills. There is a friendly atmosphere and good working environment. They will invest in you as a person and you will the opportunity to gain additional certifications.
The company is seeking to appoint a talented and committed 2nd/3rd Line Server IT Engineer to perform a key role in assisting their clients and internal staff with an escalation point for technical queries. This role has become available due to the continuing growth of the company.
Candidates must have excellent customer service and quality management skills, equipped with the passion, resources and commercial insight to help achieve them. In return, you will be working with a wide range of technologies as part of a friendly and dedicated team, in a great environment. The ideal candidate should have experience of working in a dynamic environment, requiring constant updating of knowledge in both the technical and procedural aspects of the job.
The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT related projects and activities. As part of the team you will also have the opportunity to help improve systems, procedures, and knowledge base by contributing and collaborating.
The IT Engineer role must have excellent communication skills and be able to speak confidently and empathically with users. The role will require occasionally to work outside office hours and offsite when required.
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues on your own and as part of a team
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolving infrastructure issues
- You will support the first/second line team to resolve issues that come into the service desk acting as a point of escalation for more challenging issues
- Maintaining and supporting servers, virtualisation environment and any other IT hardware and software
- Liaising with 3rd Parties and suppliers when required
- Provide support to users and clients via face-to-face, telephone, email and remote control
- Keeping documentation up-to-date
- Maintaining and supporting IT security controls and applications
- Carrying out daily check on ITM infrastructure systems
- To carry out any other duties within the IT Team as requested by the IT Manager
- To proactively manage personal development, in order to increase performance levels and provide opportunities for career development
- Documenting Infrastructure Systems, configuration and processes in line with ISO 9001, 27001
- Window Svr 2008-2016
- Window 7 + 10 Support
- Office 2013/2016/365
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policy
- vSphere/ESXi 5.5/6.5
- Veeam Backup/Replication
- Networking Management, Infrastructure Cabling and Patching
- Security/Firewall (Nessus/Cisco)
- Troubleshooting PC, Laptop and Printer software and hardware
- Mitel Telephone System & VoIP Technology
- Worked with HP servers and SAN, Cisco Switches and Routers
- Academic or professional qualification in IT
- IT Security Experience
- Worked with PRTG monitoring
- Cloud Hosting Experience
Please be aware; the company will not be providing sponsorship or relocation packages for this role. Candidates will therefore need to be eligible to both live and work in the UK without need for sponsorship.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, ICT Systems Engineer, 2nd Line Support, IT Analyst, IT Lead, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, IT Desk Support, 3rd Line Support, IT Manager, 3rd Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, ICT Support Engineer, Desktop Support, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Fault Desk, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, ICT Technician, IT Systems Support may also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959885216