Lead Web Developer
As a Lead Web Developer you will provide digital solutions to the property and housing business through web development, reporting services and BI solutions, and enhancing development capabilities of existing key business systems. To enhance the capabilities of the existing data development team through coaching, mentoring and implementing development team best practices for the Coventry based property and housing company.
This client, based in Coventry, is an ambitious, dynamic property and housing organisation with national reach and influence. They are passionate about making a real difference to communities, ensuring customers are proud of where they live.
Key responsibilities of the Lead Web Developer:
- Reporting to the IT Production Manager, to provide technical and development best practice leadership within the existing development teams.
- Manage staff attendance, approval of holidays and absence management, working with IT Production Manager to ensure adequate staff levels are available to meet production requirements.
- Conduct monthly 121s with staff to ensure the objectives set by the IT Production Manager are being met; the Team Leader is not responsible for objective setting, conducting Mid-Year and Year End reviews.
- To establish and lead a web development capability in IT using ASP.NET and SharePoint as core platforms.
- To be responsible for SQL Server Management, administration and development.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of reporting systems and BI.
- Working with the business to establish requirements, conduct effective solution analysis, and design and development.
- Developing the team's Agile capabilities by contributing to the management of Sprint planning and SCRUM processes.
- Promoting technical innovation among the team and throughout the IT department.
- Establishing testing best practices in conjunction with Test staff and external testing providers.
- Continuous improvement through standardisation of solution architecture, establishing coding standards, regular code reviews within the team, and coaching/mentoring as required.
- Solution Analysis and design
- ASP.NET with C#
- SQL Server development and maintenance
- SharePoint Development
- HTML5 and CSS3
- UI Responsive Frameworks, e.g. Bootstrap
- Unit testing
- Web Services/REST API
- Agile with SCRUM
- 3+ years in a Senior Analyst Developer role
- Coaching, mentoring and basic line management of developers.
- Ability to discuss and present technical concepts to senior managers.
- Ability to gather requirements from business users and design technical solutions to meet business needs and IT strategy.
The salary on offer for this Coventry based Lead Web Developer is between £45,000 to £50,000 depending on experience.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959887157