Oracle Developer (Business Intelligence & Reporting)
Position: Oracle Developer (Business Intelligence & Reporting)
Location: West London (zone 3)
Start date: asap to 3 months
Role type: Permanent
Salary: £50K + Pension (8%) + Shares + medical insurance + life assurance
Our client is an industry leading Plc organisation based in West London who require an Oracle Developer join an award winning dynamic team as Oracle Developer (BI & Reporting) for a number of new and existing projects. Applicants will need to have the requisite communication skills demanded by a Plc/blue-chip company.
The Role as Oracle Developer (Business Intelligence & Reporting)
The position as Oracle Developer (BI & Reporting) entails working in a team managing data in a data warehouse solution to facilitate making it possible for the organisation to get the most out of the data in terms of reporting, statistics and forming the basis of the decision making and analytical processes. In this role you will be part of the BI & Reporting team responsible for managing reporting solutions and tools in the data warehouse environment. It involves setting up and managing data aggregates, scheduled jobs, building and managing APEX, Qlikview/Qliksense reports, setting up new ETL jobs using Datameer, setting up Hive ETL jobs & Scoop jobs in Hadoop cluster used to fetch data from the data warehouse for campaigns, analysis and customer communication. It is required to interact with other departments to gather requirements and implement and support solutions.
- Advanced Oracle SQL writing and optimisation
- Creating and maintaining PL/SQL packages
- Advanced Qlikview/Qliksense Scripting
- Data investigations and problem solving
- Setting up Big data ETL jobs using Datameer
- Setting up and managing Qlik dashboards and reports
- Ad hoc SQL reporting
- Report requirement gathering
The Oracle Developer (Business Intelligence & Reporting) candidate background
The client is seeking somebody who is innovative, dynamic, motivated and can work independently. You will have between 3-5 year's of commercial experience of Oracle Development/BI/Reporting and need to be highly detail orientated.
In addition to excellent communication, collaboration and people management skills, you should possess very good organisational skills, be a pragmatic person and highly focused on delivery. In addition, you should have the ability to work under pressure on multiple projects. The following technical skills are also required;
- 3-5 years' experience of working with Oracle databases (11g and above) in a developer/Analyst role
- Business Intelligence systems exposure - Qlikview/Qliksense or similar
- Understanding of Data Warehouse Concepts
- Some reporting experience preferably Spark & Spark SQL
- Experience with dealing with large data volumes
- Experience with setting up dashboards and reports for business end users
- Passionate about complex data structures and problem solving
- Logical and inquisitive able to pick up new data tools/concepts quickly
- Education / Qualifications / Professional Certificates
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Oracle Developer (Business Intelligence & Reporting) role then please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959883841