Big Data Principal Architect
Job Title: big Data Principal Architect.
Package: up to £120K
This is an exciting opportunity for a Big Data Architect to join a leading Big Data focused consultancy who are looking for a technical Hands on Architect who wants to join a highly technical team of consultants and work with some of the most exciting companies in the world.
My client help businesses all over the world adopt the latest Analytics technologies. Within their lines of business including Big Data, Predictive Analytics, Cloud (AWS & Red Hat) they work across multiple industries, with often industry-wide implementation of their products. They work with some of the world's leading experts in finding the right solutions for some of the leading organizations worldwide
My client is looking for a Principal Big Data Architect to join their growing team in the UK, with a primary focus on Big Data technologies (Hadoop, NoSQL (Cassandra) and Java/Python). These solutions provide an easy way for customers to evaluate, customise, deploy and scale state-of-the-art analytics and decision management solutions and incorporates best-of-breed capabilities for analytics, decisioning, optimisation, data visualisation and exploration, and rapid application development.
In this role you will be working with clients across the UK and some in the EMEA region and company teams spread across the globe. As a lead Big Data Architect, you will be a though leader in the field and have the opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest Data experts across the globe. You will mentor internal and external teams and deliver against an agile backlog.
The Successful Applicant:
- Experience architecting Big Data platforms with a focus on Hadoop, Cloudera, Hortonworks as well as MapR.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems architecture and knowledge of Systems architecture.
- Fluency in at least two object oriented languages - preferably Java and Python.
- Experience with Hive and Impala.
- Cassandra knowledge and experience is a plus!!
- Team player who enjoys working with others to reach a goal and enjoys working with a highly qualified engineering team across the globe.
- Strong communicator with excellent written language, verbal skills.
- Up to £120k basic
- Opportunities for international travel
- Opportunity to grow in the company
- Pension Scheme.
- Generous holiday and other perks!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959878691