Software Engineer required to work on component development, problem investigation, defect fixing and component/integration testing. The successful candidate will be expected to work with multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver solutions that meet customer needs to a defined quality standard within agreed timescales and budgets.
The below skills/experience is essential:
- Strong background in software design (using UML), code, test and version control using current methodologies, processes and tools.
- Design and implement software sub-system elements using C++ and C#/.NET, including maintenance of legacy codebases.
- Capable of analysing and debugging software integration issues on Windows platforms, within software development environments and target hardware and software environments.
- Strong Microsoft Windows platform development experience (on Windows 7/8.1/Server 2012) including a good understanding of Windows OS architecture (including 64-bit versions), services and security features.
- Recent experience of development with Microsoft Visual Studio, including migration of legacy products from older versions of Visual Studio.
- Experience of working with virtual machines, including VMware ESXi.
- Exposure to Java development, demonstrating a solid understanding of the JRE and Java development and deployment techniques.
- Experienced with engineering methods and tools for integration and test, and defect management.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills as well as motivation, integrity, professionalism, flexibility, commitment and innovation.
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security vetting procedure.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959879920