Global Lead Network Engineer / Network Architect - CCNP / CCIE
Global Lead Network Engineer / Network Architect ? CCNP / CCIE
A global British FTSE250 financial company with 1,600+ users over 60 locations worldwide are looking to recruit a Global Lead Network Engineer to be based at their fantastic London (City, EC3) offices.
As the most senior technical person you will be required to work closely with the Infrastructure Manager to review the existing Network infrastructure and recommend changes. The Global Lead Network Engineer will be the highest level of escalation for incident and will be required to take ownership over major BAU issues.
The Global Lead Infrastructure Engineer will also be put In charge of high level projects which may require some management of other engineers to complete tasks.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, design, maintain, infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, Intranet, security, and incident and change management systems.
- Understand requirements of business and suggest appropriate technologies to help deliver business goals.
- Produce procedures on systems usage to aid customers and other technical support staff.
- Proactive monitoring of IT systems and preventative measures taken to reduce system downtime.
- Trend analysis of incidents to highlight re-occurring issues.
- Test business applications, network and server performance and provide performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining core infrastructure.
- Adherence to all IT security policies and assistance in enforcing and monitoring of IT security policies.
- Be able to spot potential vulnerabilities and provide resolution.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- At least 2 years? experience in a Architect/Technical lead position
- At least 5 years? experience in a 3rd line Networking technical role or equivalent
- Excellent Cisco networking routing and switching design, configuration and engineering for environments of 1500-50k users
- WAN and LAN technologies - Internet, Intranet, security, incident and change management systems to evaluate design and maintain
- In depth knowledge of Cisco ASA firewall technologies
- Detailed Cisco Nexis 5000 series switching experience
- Cisco Meraki environments
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC)
- Knowledge and application of ITIL processes
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Computer science degree
- Solarwinds Network Monitoring.
- £75-100k basic Salary.
- Annual Bonus (up to 20%)
- Stakeholder pension (up to 10% company contribution if 5% employee contribution)
- Free lunch & subsidised breakfast
- Annual pay review
- Private health
Global Lead Network Engineer ? CCNP / CCIE
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959880582