Datacentre Manager - Fareham - up to £55,000
Datacentre manager is required to join a leading managed service provider, based from their head office in Fareham.
The role of Datacentre Manager will involve the management and day to day running of their CMS hosting platforms. You will be expected to:
- Help define the product vision and strategy for our Hosting portfolio
- Oversee scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
- Recommend/implement improvements to the preventive maintenance programme on an on-going basis
- Test and prove the software deployment and provide quality assurance.
- Fully document the deployment/configuration of software products to support continuous improvements to our installation and upgrade processes.
- Assist in the migration and on-boarding of new hosting customers.
- Maintain and support datacentre infrastructure including but not limited to Switches, Firewalls, SAN, Hypervisors, Monitoring and Management application suites.
- Operate to defined company based standards including ITIL.
- On-call duties and shift patterns are maybe required.
- Line management of the transition engineering team
The ideal candidate for the Datacentre Manager role will be working in a similar position or be a senior team leader looking for the next step. My client is looking for someone with the following skills:
- Technical skill set to support software lifecycle (build, package and deploy).
- Strong leadership skills
- SQL Server - experience of relational database methodology and database administration. Installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Hands on experience of Windows Server 2008 to 2016 and above - IIS, web-services, Active Directory, Group Policy and DNS.
- LAN / WAN technologies and their application, External DNS configuration, Proxies, VPN and Firewalls, ideally Fortigate.
- Knowledge of Virtualisation infrastructure installation and Configuration.- vSphere, vCloud, NSX and Hyper-V and Hyper Converged Technologies.
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting expertise.
- Knowledge of Public Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, Office365, hosting and co-location
As you will be working within internal teams along with my clients' customer base then your communication skills, both written and verbal must be very strong. You may also be required to travel customer site on occasion.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and progressive company that would be able to offer a strong benefits package and further opportunities for growth and training.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959882867