Automation Tester - API's / Backend Systems - Gain Scala
Automation Tester / SDET required with proven skills in Java or Scala or Ruby automation testing / OOP experience and a strong desire to work in a cutting edge ScalaTest / Scala test automation environment. You will have proven background delivering fully automated test frameworks for backend systems / API Integration and you will be joining an Agile team working on large scale Scala based ecommerce systems for a large world leading company in West London.
Significant experience with:
- A passion to learn Scala or Scala / ScalaTest experience
- Proficient in BDD & TDD methodologies
- Strong Java or Ruby OOP experience with the desire to learn Scala
- Experience testing systems integrations, Restful API and any other backend service
- Cucumber, SeleniumIDE/Selenium RC, Eclipse, Intellij,
- Developing on a Unix/OSX-based system
- Contributed to an existing automation framework, building libraries etc & building mock services
- Agile scrum background is essential with pairing experience
- Work closely with other members of the Team to deliver innovative solutions to business problems
- Iteratively develop features - Slicing work to get benefits and feedback early
- Regularly showcase features with business and technical stakeholders
- Measure and monitor Production Systems, including key data that demonstrates the value of the team's deliverables
- Take a practical approach to Delivery, applying the necessary levels of rigour and process to ensure the quality of deliverables
You would be joining a multi-disciplinary team, responsible for the delivery of technically sound systems that have tough availability, scalability requirements. The team use fully automated integration and deployment systems, comprehensive monitoring and alerting, and the support of dedicated Build, Operations and Networks teams. You will work closely with business and technical stakeholders, to understand requirements, break down work, and deliver features following team-defined Agile practices.
As a valued technical member of the Delivery Team, you will have a passion for software testing and a good understanding of how to define and deliver solutions collaboratively. You will be involved all areas of delivery, and will play an integral part in helping the team continuously improve; sharing your own experience and insights, influencing others and mentoring those with less experience
Previous ideal backgrounds might include ecommerce, banking, online travel, media, broadcast, online gaming, software houses etc
Opus is an employment business in respect of contract recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959880196