Lead Tester - Software Tester
Lead Tester - Software Tester sought by a large business with offices in Hampton. You will be responsible for the assurance through testing that the software systems provided are fit for purpose and free from defects.
- Consults with the internal customer to understand the scope of the project
- Creates a test plan based on the customer's requirements and liaises with key system users to ensure a complete user acceptance test is carried out
- Writes test scripts and updates them throughout the testing process
- Ability to create, run and analyse tests from functional requirements
- Provide support and training to others involved in testing
- Actively uses the software to be tested, using every function and tool, searching for results regarding performance, reliability, bugs and any other failures.
- Executes test scripts to cover functional, accessibility, capability and regression testing
- Keeps up to date with any changes that have been made to the product and the interdependencies on testing so that all areas are thoroughly tested.
- Ensures detailed metrics are recorded and monitored to track the progress and outcomes of the testing process.
- Communicates the testing progress either verbally or in writing to the internal customer and the line manager at regular intervals
- Reports and escalates issues to the internal customer and the software supplier in a timely manner
- Ensures the product meets the specification and writes test cases in order to test this.
- Makes suggestions for enhancements to the product based on testing/usability throughout the testing process
- Hands over the specification and testing findings so that user documentation can be written for end user reference
- Keeps track of known issues and helps to identify trends so that fixes can be targeted to specific areas of functionality
- At least 3 years' experience in software testing
- Experience in manual testing
- A good understanding of the business approach
- Good writing skills (for documenting the process)
- Good communications and organisational skills
- The ability to work in a team and as an individual
- Good presentation skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A good working knowledge of test management applications and defect tracking applications
If this role would be of interest to you, please apply with your most up-to-date CV and I will give you a call to discuss the role in more detail.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959876629