3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer (Exchange/VMware/MobileIron)
3rd Infrastructure Engineer / Systems Engineer / Operations Engineer / 3rd Line Support / VMware 6.5 / Virtualisation / Exchange 2010 / Exchange 2016 / Migration / Projects / MobileIron / MDM / Mobile Device Management / Wakefield
Our client, a global financial services organisation require a 3rd Line Engineer to join the team in Wakefield. Salary up to £45,000 and D.O.E. to join a great IT Team.
Our client, a leading global financial services organisation require an additional 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer to join the team in Wakefield. Salary up to £45,000 and dependent on experience.
The role will be 60% BAU with 40% project based with the immediate focus based on the large scale Data Centre Refresh and large scale Win 2008 Migration.
Providing 3rd line support troubleshooting many diverse technologies including but not limited to Citrix; VMWare; Exchange; HP hardware; Windows 2008/2012; Active Directory; DNS; DHCP; SAN storage (EVA, Hitachi, Netapp); PVS and App-V.
Acting as and constantly developing as a Technical expert within specified technologies;
Escalate complex issues as appropriate to senior team members
Ideally, you will come from a large scale Enterprise or an MSP to have had the required skill set to join this high performing team as we are looking for the following skills or experience:
* Deep understanding of Data Centre Technologies
* Working knowledge of SAN technologies
* Extensive industry experience within a general infrastructure environment
* Should have knowledge and experience within virtualisation, Windows, storage, backups
* Will need to have extensive data centre experience
* Well-rounded experience in Windows technologies and general infrastructure
* Understanding of backup in virtualisation environment and of security policy in virtualisation
* Ability to solve problems complex infrastructure issues
* Superb communication (and strong presentation skills)
* Forward planning (ability to anticipate future outcomes)
* Excellent analytical & interpretive skills
* Able to handle and process large amounts of data
* Able to quickly identify potential problems and seek advice when required and grasp/ interpret salient information
* Good interpersonal skills
The salary is up to £45,000 and you will be joining a high performing team.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959876765