Retail Buyer - (£30,000-£40,000)
Due to expansion an international business within Birmingham is looking to add a Retail Buyer to its buying and merchandising team.
The company is a leading business within their field with market leading products, offering a superior service supporting a number of high profile businesses.
As the Retail Buyer you will be responsible for:
• Developing the category strategy for your assigned product portfolio;
• Optimising and executing the buying of products for all customer channels;
• Developing and implementing promotional and pricing plans to promote products in line with commercial business strategy;
• Identifying new customer groups in conjunction with sales, marketing and supply chain;
• Negotiating price, rebates and allowances with suppliers.
The successful Retail Buyer will have the following skills and experience:
• Have worked within a category management, buying, purchasing, procurement role;
• Have experience of working within a B2B, B2C, retail, distributor, contract based business background;
• Experience of managing a full product life cycle, from product selection and vendor negotiation through to taking products to marketing with an effective promotional plan.
In return the Retail Buyer will receive a salary of £30,000 - £40,000 dependant on experience.
This position will suit candidates heading from Erdington, Coleshill, Minworth, Sutton Coldfield, Sparkhill and Solihull.