Job Title: Software Engineer
Radbroke, Barclays Technology Campus. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
This hands-on role, reporting to the Head of Engineering for Mortgage & Lending APIs, will be responsible for designing and developing solutions on a Java/OpenShift platform to enable internal systems, brokers and customers to engage with us quickly and seamlessly.
- Hands-on Java development to deliver both internal and external REST APIs to market via an API management platform
- Collaborate with other teams with responsibility for systems of record, UI components, etc. to ensure successful end-to-end delivery
- Utilize a DevOps pipeline to optimize our build quality and time-to-market
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar.
- Skilled Java engineer with the ability to design and implement end-to-end solutions.
- Quick learner evidenced through familiarity with multiple languages/technologies.
- Experience developing REST APIs and knowledge of relevant design patterns.
- Experience of a CI/DevOps pipeline with git, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, etc.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts with clarity.
- Familiarity with a corporate environment and comfortable working within regulatory controls.
- Able to influence and drive change and improvement in the way the team develop software.
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes, such as in an OpenShift environment.
- A passion for technology evidenced through personal projects, blogging, or open source contributions.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959869401