Technology CCO Programme Manager
We are looking for a Technology Risk and Control Programme Manager to work with us at our Radbroke Hall (Knutsford) site. The role will be to support the CCO Transformation function with the BICEP delivery programme. BICEP is Barclays Internal Control Enhancement Programme; which has been created to drive a specific set of control-based improvements to a number of areas, but for this role, specifically technology.
Overall purpose of role
Programme / Project Management
The identification, planning and coordination of a set of projects or work-streams within a programme, to manage their interdependencies in support of specific Transformation strategies within the Technology Risk environment. Maintains a strategic view over activities, providing the framework for implementing these initiatives, or large-scale change, by achieving a vision of the outcome of the project or programme. The vision, and the means of achieving it, may change as the initiatives progresses.
- Aligns the objectives for defined and agreed activities with Transformation objectives and authorises the selection and planning of all related projects and activities.
- Plans, directs and co-ordinates activities to manage and implement complex projects from contract/proposal initiation to final operational stage.
- Plans, schedules, monitors and reports on activities related to the programme or project.
- Leads the programme or project teams in determining business requirements and translating requirements into operational plans.
- Determines, monitors and reviews all programme or project economics, including costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources and risk, ensuring that there are appropriate and effective governance arrangements, supported by comprehensive reporting.
- Evaluates changes to programme and project management practices and initiates improvement to organisation practices.
- Review quality of direct report's project delivery at all stages through the project lifecycle, ensuring best practice has been adhered to
- Ensuring delivery teams are working to plans and escalating any Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies to the Technology Oversight and QA Team (to refine and improve delivery, and reduce ambiguity)
Monitoring for the emergence of anticipated policy benefits (typically specified as part of the business case for a change programme or project). Action (typically by the programme or project management team) to optimise the business impact of individual and combined benefits.
- Promotes the change vision to staff at all levels of the business operation, brings order to complex situations and keeps a focus on business objectives.
- Works with senior people responsible for the line business operation to ensure that maximum improvements are made in the business operations as groups of projects deliver their products into operational use.
- Maintains the business case for funding the programme and confirms the continuing business viability of the programme or project at regular intervals.
- Responsible for the defining of benefits and outcomes in a SMART way, covering Financial - P&L impact (revenue/cost) and Non-Financial - Non P&L (regulatory, customer/employee satisfaction, reputation), working with the Accountable Execution to agree and sign-off the benefits.
- Ensuring any risks, issues or assumptions against benefits must be outlined.
- Working with Finance Business Partner agree sources of MI to track benefits, who will provide these, and in what reporting form.
- Agreement of the governance approach for the periodic review of benefits.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
Significant Project and Programme management experience in a large multinational organisation including complex technology change.
Has an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of delivery using a structured methodology. Highly articulate with excellent written and verbal communication
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
Appropriate programme of project management qualifications
Readily shares information and knowledge in order to develops highly effective and focussed working relationships
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question 'What is Barclays for?' and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959874095