Maintenance Assistants x 6
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Assistants x 6 vacancies
RESPONSIBLE TO: Area Supervisor
BRIEF DETAILS OF POSITION: Maintenance Assistants are required to work within a dedicated team of Mobile Engineers in the following regions: Bristol, Southampton/Portsmouth, Gloucester, Somerset/Dorset, Reading/Oxford, and Exeter/Plymouth.
The work will involve PPM works, reactive and breakdowns works, quoting for repair and remedial works to various types of M&E and Fabric Works.
The applicant must have a working knowledge and understanding of Mechanical and Electrical plant and would be expected to assist with various reactive and PPM tasks to support the Mobile M&E Team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and attend tool box talks
- Comply with specific Contract, work department and Company procedures at all times
- Complete a weekly timesheet and submit in accordance with Company procedures
- Maintain accurate records of works done and expenditure, using this information to report to the Supervisor as required.
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. labour planning and ordering of materials
- Assist with co-ordination of all site activities and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site / contract procedures and requirements.
- Provide sickness and holiday cover
- Carry out PPM and reactive work as required in order to meet completion deadlines.
- Take ownership of the clients’ needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
- Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and extra works
- Operate the Company’s QA procedures and maintain clear and legible records as required
- Be available to attend emergency call outs and provide written incident reports as required
- Produce and submit timesheets for approval to deadlines
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good interpersonal & communicating skills, flexible approach to work/Clients’ requirements.
- Be prepared to work out of hours from time to time and participate in the callout rota.
- Good organisational skills and have a positive attitude.
- A good knowledge of all building services
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills
- Minimum 2 years practical experience within the building industry
- Commitment to providing a high quality service to our customer and willing to work flexibly as a member of a team
- Full driving licence
- Logical thinker in fault finding situations
- Comfortable working within a team environment.
- Able to contribute to group success whilst willingly following instructions of others.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Compliance with company and site policies and procedures
SALARY RANGE: To be discussed at interview
If you are an experienced Maintenance Assistant with a proactive and efficient approach looking for a rewarding role in an exciting and industry leading company, please apply.