Senior Ground Design Engineer
I am currently recruiting for a Senior Ground Design Engineer to work near the Norfolk area. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Ground Design Engineer to work for a leading Contractor within the Construction industry. The opportunity itself will involve working for a specialist company which provide a service in design, Construction and Project Management to their portfolio of clients within the Private and Public sector, these projects range up to £50M and the company themselves have an excellent reputation within the industry.
The Senior Ground Design Engineer will undertake the design of specialist geotechnical and ground engineering activities and oversee the output and development of the Ground Engineering Team. The Senior Ground Design Engineer will have a minimum of 10 years' experience at least 5 years must be related to significant ground engineering with an understanding Geotechnical design parameters of Eurocode 7 and Soil Mechanics and the design of geotechnical structures. The Senior Ground Design Engineer should be professionally qualified with a ground engineering body such as the ICE and/or BGA and have joined (or be working towards joining) the 'Register Ground Engineering Professionals' (RoGEP).
Senior Ground Design Engineer Position Overview
- Assess ground investigations and determine strength parameters for the design of temporary and permanent ground supporting and ground bearing engineering works, such as: Retaining walls, piled foundations, ground anchors, working platforms and hard-standings and traditional foundations.
- Undertake analysis of slopes and reinforced earth design.
- Assess ground investigations.
- Implement ground monitoring schemes, as necessary.
- Develop innovative ground engineering solutions using conventional soil mechanics and the application of geotechnical design software such as Wallap, Slope, Frew and Plaxis.
- Identify opportunities for value engineering (ve) the proposals of others, balancing ve against geotechnical risk over the design life.
Senior Ground Design Engineer Position Requirements
- Engineering degree related to construction / geotechnics.
- Professionally qualified with a ground engineering body such as the ICE and/or BGA and have joined (or be working towards joining) the 'Register Ground Engineering Professionals' (RoGEP).
- 10 years' experience at least 5 years must be related to significant ground engineering
Senior Ground Design Engineer Position Remuneration
- Salary £45k+ (salary neg) + car / allowance
- 25 Days Holiday+ BH
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy