Legal Secretary Commercial Property
Jazz Personnel have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Commercial Property Legal Secretary to join our client, a prestigious and innovative law firm, working from there Wynyard branch. Having served the North East for over 170 years, this established practice hold a fantastic reputation in building long term relationships with all clients.
Due to recent expansion, appointing two new partners within the Commercial Property department, this company has big ambitions for 2018.
The purpose of this role is to provide vital legal secretarial support to the Commercial Property team. Good secretarial support is a key component in any Law Firm and enables Lawyers to focus on client care and fee earning work. The successful candidate will have a genuine interest and enthusiasm for legal secretary work and will be able to use their initiative to contribute to the smooth running of the department.
Main duties and requirements
* Providing full generic secretarial support to fee earners, as required, including preparing correspondence and documents through fast and accurate audio-typing and word processing.
* Providing enhanced support to their fee earner and being confident and willing to use own initiative.
* Administering both manual and electronic filing daily.
* Opening, maintaining and closing files on LawSoft at both Client and Matter level.
* Closing, storing and retrieving client files.
* Dealing with title deeds including; requesting title deeds from lenders, scheduling deeds and arranging storage and retrieval of title deeds in accordance with office procedures.
* Preparing mail and enclosures for dispatch.
* Obtaining copy documents and office copy entries from the Land Registry using their online portal.
* Making appointments and arranging meetings; including liaising with reception staff to organise facilities such as rooms and refreshments, and maintaining an up-to-date diary for his/her fee earner(s).
* Attending clients, both in person and on the telephone, and providing such support in a professional and friendly manner in-keeping with the Firm's standards for client care.
* Ensuring that all telephone calls are answered promptly and messages passed on immediately.
* Contributing as a team member including providing support to other secretaries as required.
* Undertaking any specific training when required by the Firm and to have overall responsibility towards self-development.
* Ensuring the confidentiality of all the Firm's and the Firm's clients' information and documentation.
* Contributing to the Firm's overall business objectives by offering support to other departments when appropriate and when agreed with his/her fee earner(s).
* On occasion work such hours outside normal hours of employment as the Firm considers necessary to meet the needs of the business.
* Preparing transactional documents and amending documents using track changes and preparing clean copy documents from previously track changed documents.
Preferred skills and experience
* Experience of working in a legal environment along with relevant departmental experience is desirable.
* Fast and accurate audio and copy typing skills, including digital dictation and integrated legal software systems.
* Experience of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel.
* Excellent English grammar/spelling; familiarity with legal terminology and numerical skills.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including experience in dealing with a range of clients via telephone and face-to-face.
* Discretion and confidentiality is essential.
* Ability to organise and prioritise your workload to the required standard and within the required timescales.
* Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently.
* Ability to work under pressure as and when required; this may involve some flexibility in working hours and occasional overtime where deadlines need to be met.
* Proactive and able to use own initiative within guidelines as set by the Partners and fee earners.
* Self-motivation: energy; positivity; can-do attitude.
* Flexible with regards to working hours.
* Confidentiality and discretion.
* Proactive; willing to use initiative.
* Able to work well independently as well as part of a team.
If you feel you are suited to this fantastic opportunity, do not miss out, apply now!