Mid - UX/UI Designer - Central London
UX/UI Designer needed for my client, you will collaborate with the Customer and team members on the UX planning and design from prototype through to the execution of the product.
You will undertake competitor and industry research to help inform on best practice, generate rapid prototypes to validate product solutions and undertake UX interviews and testing.
Working as part of the scrum development team, you will build and execute effective UX/UI for a wide range of projects to include mobile apps, websites and back office applications.
You will provide an intuitive interface for our end-user, seeking the best solutions demonstrating with wire-flows, screens analysis, mid and hi-fi mocks. Enhancing the UX and UI, generating visual ideas that suit the brief.
As project demands require, you will design and develop video content, using motion design where appropriate to enhance the experience.
You will support the user testing process and be vigilant that the UX/UI has been developed according to specifications.
You will keep abreast with current trends, specifically undertaking research into micro-interactions, design & technology trends.
- Thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Be solution focussed - generating highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas, following UX/UI best practices.
- Be a positive, motivated person, keen to learn and develop yourself, your knowledge and your skillset.
- Be a fluent English speaker with the ability to create copy and have a mind for content strategy (for websites, pitch decks, prototypes etc.)
- Have great time management and juggling skills - able to manage your workload in relation to deadlines and working transparently and communicating with your team.
- Be able to turnaround quick visuals for pitches and slide-decks.
- Be able to present and defend their designs and their concepts to both clients and team members while collaborating to create the best results.
- Understanding that a design that is 'done and done well’ can be better than one that is 'perfect but not finished yet’.
- Possess working experience in a software & web applications environment, which leverage emergent technologies, mobile devices, desktop and native applications.
- Have knowledge on accessibility, usability testing and rapid prototyping
- Have the ability to create sketch (lo-fi mocks) wireframes as well as visual design comps.
- Possess good working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign, Proto.io, Axure, Fireworks and associated design tools.
- Motion design experience a distinct advantage