Our client has a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! They are currently looking for Nursery Practitioners (level 2, 3 and 4) to join their friendly team based in Aigburth. You will join them on a permanent basis and will receive a competitive hourly rate of £7.50 - £7.80 per hour depending on experience and qualifications. This is a full time position working 40 hours on a shift pattern.
They provide all their children with the best possible start in life by working in partnership with you to develop happy, confident and responsible children. They ensure that every child achieves their full potential in a nurturing, caring and stimulating environment, where they can enjoy their childhood and feel loved and valued.
They are looking for people to join their team who share their passion and desire to inspire young minds - are you interested?
About the Nursery Practitioner Role
- You will support the Nursery’s aims and objectives, so as to secure its success and continual improvement
- You will develop the highest standards of care and learning, and ensure a high quality of teaching, learning and development in all aspects of the curriculum and care.
- You will work in partnership with the Lead Nursery Practitioner to ensure the smooth running of the room, in compliance with statutory requirements (eg. the Group’s policies and procedures, Childcare Act 2006, Health and Safety legislation, EYFS framework, Equal Opportunities Policy, OFSTED regulations)
What you’ll be doing as their Nursery Practitioner:
- Be a ‘key person’ as appropriate, having responsibility for overall children’s welfare, wellbeing, learning and parent partnerships
- Liaise with outside agencies as appropriate such as Early Years Advisors and Health Visitors for the benefit of the children and nursery
- Prepare and provide ongoing food and drink opportunities for the children being mindful of dietary requirements and in line with food hygiene guidelines including clearing away.
- Update learning journals with information gathered during specific file time and provide parents with opportunities to view and discuss progress in line with the Nursery’s procedures.
- Correctly highlight required medication for children in line with the medication and illness procedure and store medications correctly.
- Record details of any incident or accident that occurs with the children and report immediately completing the relevant paperwork (eg bump to head).
- Ensure compliance with Ofsted requirements, health and safety legislation, The Children’s Act 2006 Guidelines and meet the recommendations of the EYFS Framework.
- Attend meetings which may be out of hours including staff meeting, training, parent’s evenings and other events.
What they’re looking for in their Nursery Practitioner:
- Proven knowledge of the EYFS Statutory Framework, children’s development and all aspects of child safeguarding.
- Experience of providing personal care to children and recognizing their individual needs
- Knowledge and understanding of diversity and equality, health & safety in the workplace and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality
Essential Requirements for their Level 2 Nursery Practitioner
- NVQ Level 2 in Childcare, or equivalent.
Essential Requirements for their Level 3 Nursery Practitioner
- NVQ Level 3 in Childcare, or equivalent.
- Experience of working with children with additional needs
- Previous experience of understanding and meeting the needs of specific families working within set policies and guidelines.
So if you would like to join their team and become their new Nursery Practitioners then please click 'apply' today – don’t miss out, they’d love to hear from you!