Job Title: Infrastructure Architect
Salary: Up to £60,000 + benefits
Are you an experienced Infrastructure Architect / Senior Solutions Designer looking for your next challenge? Would you like the opportunity to work for a financial services company with a difference? If yes then this could be the perfect opportunity for you. This exciting business is government funded and a not a for profit bank set up to ensure the finance markets work better for small businesses within the UK. Small businesses have found gaining finance from the traditional sources difficult in recent times reducing their opportunity to invest to grow, my client work closely with more than 100 finance partners in the market, helping to unlock up to £10 billion of new finance and bring greater choice and information on finance options to smaller businesses.
As the sole Infrastructure Architect you will be part of the IT Team responsible for architecting and designing IT Infrastructure, Security in accordance with the approved Enterprise Architecture and IT Strategy. Currently all on premise solutions they are looking to move more towards a combination of on premise and cloud based solutions using Office 365 and Microsoft Azure.
The role will principally involve delivering infrastructure to support multiple roadmaps by working with Product, Change, IT teams and external 3rd party vendors. This is a fantastic opportunity have a real impact on the infrastructure landscape for the business, helping to shape and deliver their infrastructure strategy and architecture. This role would suit an already experienced Infrastructure Architect or a Senior Infrastructure Solutions Designer looking to take that next step in their career.
- Take part in Architecture governance and propose infrastructure solutions that best meets business, security and the wider enterprise requirements
- Manage and improve the existing infrastructure that includes on premise, cloud and SaaS based solutions
- Produce design documents for new solutions delivering the needs of individual product roadmaps as well as meeting the wider enterprise requirements
- Provide oversight and technical Assurance of the projects delivered by 3rd Party vendors; ensure it conforms to BBB solution requirements, enterprise architecture principles, security standards and non-functional requirements
- Design and deliver high quality infrastructure engineering solutions to deliver the Bank's platforms including but not limited to;
- Finance, HR, Payroll Application
- CRM (Dynamics 365 and Salesforce)
Key Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of working within a similar Infrastructure Architect or Senior Infrastructure Solutions Design position
- Extensive experience with designing secure infrastructure that involves networks, storage, cloud (Microsoft Azure), servers and 3rd party data centres
- Experienced in implementing security solutions that are compliant to DPA/GDPR, cyber essentials, ISO 27001 within financial services or public sector
- Working knowledge of PaaS, IaaS, SaaS and Hybrid cloud architectures
- Experience in leading Office 365 rollouts
- Experience working with 3rd party partners
- Experience with similar roles within either the financial services or public sector
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (desirable)
If you are interested applying for this exciting and challenging position, please send you're CV and a covering letter/e-mail to in the first instance.