Category Specialist - Corporate Services
Supporting the category manager, you will be a professional member of a departmental team with a key role to play in procuring, awarding and delivering contracts to an agreed strategy using acknowledged practices and mechanisms. You will deliver a demonstrable, high quality, timely and consistent service built upon strong relationships with stakeholders, suppliers and contractors alike. You will use your professional capability and experience alongside industry best practice to deliver innovative solutions to support the business in a cost efficient manner within applicable governance requirements and relevant legislation, as we collectively strive to deliver our business values and aspirations. Your remit will be broad to accommodate the needs of the business on a wider scale but your work may include.
- To at all times strive to safely engage, encourage and work throughout our business and beyond in a manner that embraces our values and aspirations.
- Support the development and delivery of the category management strategy
- Responsible for management of specific category portfolio, including developing the category sourcing strategy, the selection of suppliers and contractual terms best suited to the category
- Utilising your experience and knowledge base, service a specific portfolio of works as part of a cross functional team leading ultimately to the best available solution with embedded performance mechanisms tailored to deliver to the business in a timely manner
- Manage own element of Procurement Pipeline and procure contracts on time in accordance with UK Power Networks process
- Perform activities that evaluate and leverage relationships with category suppliers
- Manage compliance to all business, governance and legislative policies, initiatives and processes
- Ensures clear line of sight for all portfolio activities from initial activities throughout all business reporting and ultimately, the effective and consistent use of seamless regulatory reporting
- Responsible for liaising with, and providing support to, other areas of the business and resolving queries. Develops relationships with suppliers and contractors alike and creates strategic partnerships
- Responsible for supplier management for category suppliers including their development and segmentation
- Responsible for accurate administration for in-category activities and ensures that all related data is up to date
- Supports the identification, validation and integration of potential alternative suppliers
- Identifies, implements and secures saving opportunities
- Responsible for managing innovation and knowledge management for the category portfolio
Skills, qualification and experience:
- CIPS qualified or equivalent
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with focus on procurement, engineering or business studies.
- Working knowledge of industry standard contracts, with experience of contract drafting.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Extensive experience in a procurement role within an engineering, construction or contractor environment
- Relevant category experience
- Strong communication and fact based negotiation skills
- Strong self organisational capabilities
- Ability to work under own initiative & demonstrate understanding of continuous improvement and team working
- Good level of PC literacy, with the ability to learn and use a variety of systems with fast and accurate keyboard skills
- Ability to work in a pressured environment as part of a highly focused team
- Able to influence & challenge internal stakeholders and co-workers, as well as the ability to decant measurable business needs
- Working knowledge of SAP and UVDB an advantage
- Strategic sourcing execution, i.e. cost, price and financial analysis, internal & external market analysis, category strategy, market testing and innovation.
- Supplier relationship management
- Project and time management skills
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.