About the role
Strand are seeking an experienced support worker for our client who is a 26 year old young woman who was involved in a road traffic accident.
She has limited vision and can only see when things are close to her face. The worker will acknowledge this and sit close to the client when communicating with her.
You are there to provide companionship and advocacy and all clinical interventions should be done by the attending nurse. This is currently provided at the hospital in which she is residing.
You will be friendly and engage the client in activities she enjoys. You will also be able to recognise when the client is tired and wants to rest.
The successful candidate worker will be providing 1:1 companionship to the client during a 5 hour booking.
Rates from £11.00 - £14.00 per hour
Following skills & experience required:
• 6 months previous care experience
• Experience of working with clients with complex care needs (advantageous)
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening
• Have a caring and compassionate attitude
• Can commit to regular hours
• Clear and effective communication.
• Someone who is able to interpret and relay clinical information given by professionals.
• A kind, sensitive and empathetic approach.
About the Company
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
What we can offer you:
• Weekly pay plus holiday pay
• On-going 24/7 support from the Senior Nurse Team
• Refer a friend bonus scheme
• First refusal to other care opportunities
• Members loyalty scheme
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).